OS Mapping News article...

Just been reading an article from the forthcoming Ordnance Survey Mapping News - it's an engaging article with lots of ideas for using maps to engage learners - oh, did I mention that I wrote it ?
The article is based around a book I have mentioned on the blog before...
It was published in 1948, and is called "The Map that Came to Life"

The book is also mentioned in my Teachers Toolkit book, of which this article is a companion piece: it can be used as a vehicle for exploring the landscape...

Seems I'm not alone in this - there are several other recent blog postings HERE and HERE which reference the same book and have the same memories of the book. I wonder how many people of similar age have similar thoughts on this book...

Speaking of a vehicle for exploring the landscape, just been reading the chapter on transport in Stuart Maconie's new book, and enjoying the section on the railways. And earlier today, noticed that he's in Oxford the day after I am, which is a pity...

Comments