Royal Meteorological Society - resources to come...

The Royal Meterological Society offers a small number of Summer Internships each year: the chance to work with an expert to produce some teaching resources which will ultimately go on the METLINK website, which is their educational portal for teachers and students.

This year, I decided to apply for one of the internships to develop some ideas for using Google Earth as a way of teaching about the impact of weather systems. I heard a few weeks ago that I was successful in my application, and will be spending a dew days working with a university lecturer to inform the production of a number of classroom resources.
A good friend and excellent geographer was also successful too, so this year's resources will hopefully be up to the previous high standards, such as THIS EXAMPLE (PDF download)

I'm going to try to link my efforts to a range of other issues that I've been working on, particularly the link with food production...

One issue that has been in the news very much over the last few months is the potential impact of the dry weather on food prices in the UK.

On the 1st of June, the RMetS is starting its GREAT BRITISH WEATHER EXPERIMENT. Get involved in that, and look out for my resources on the MetLink site from about September 2011 onwards.....

Comments