EFL / EAL resources

I spent quite some time earlier in 2011 preparing materials for an EFL / EAL event in Poland.

There was a range of materials produced, which I will hopefully be making more use of in 2012 as well, and sharing via various projects.

Google Translate is being used by some colleagues, and it's been interesting to see how they are using it to translate instruction sheets and key vocabulary.

There are also some apps which are useful for translation, and providing key phrases for some of the languages which colleagues might be encountering in lessons. I notice that commercial packs of key words are starting to appear, so there is obviously a demand for this sort of thing.

I also did some work on EAL, for the extension of the Secondary Geography Handbook. Couldn't find an obvious link to the page just now, but will add the resource here when I find it...

How do you support the EAL students in your geography class ?

Image: Alan Parkinson

Comments