Google mapping...

The other day while heading for Britain's eastern-most point, I was passed by the GOOGLE STREET VIEW CAR. I presume when they update the imagery in that area of the East of England I may make an appearance - watch out for a grey chevrolet down by the docks...  Although I've been passed by the car a few times before and didn't appear in that area in the final images when I took a look.

Google have announced some new mapping and imagery which is related to some likely announcements by Apple with respect to their use of mapping.
I am also interested in their idea of Street View Trekker.

I am heading to Dublin in a few days time for a Google Geo Teachers Institute. I shall of course be reporting back from the event on the latest mapping news....

The event will also take place in London the following week

Google is also looking to add 3D mapping of cities by the end of the year.



Comments