GA Conference 2015 - 2 - Teachmeet Presentation

I'll talk more about the Teachmeet later on as well, but for now, here's the presentation I had 6-7 minutes to complete.


GA Conference Teachmeet Presentation - April 2015 from GeoBlogs

I chose the title about 6 months ago, when I signed up for the Teachmeet to support David Rogers' plan to bring teachers together once the conference was over for the first Teachmeet associated with the GA Conference. The venue was the Great Hall at the Sackville Building: a glorious Victorian hall with pillars, tiles, and stained glass...

I tried to contact Bernard, who generations of geography teachers will remember with great fondness, via his TV production firm and other means, but sadly wasn't successful.. I hoped he might have a message for the folks who came along, but despite that we remembered his contributions... I decided to switch the focus to the idea of saying that something happened which actually didn't.... not something I condone of course...

More to come on the Teachmeet in a future post.... with some of the other sessions that I saw...
Was good to see Joe Dale there too. He's coming to work with my colleagues at King's Ely in a week's time... there'll be plenty on that too...

Comments