Nick Crane book

For my birthday (I won't say how old I was), I got a copy of Nick Crane's book on the British Landscape.

I've enjoyed starting to read it, and working through some of the sources that Nick adds at the end of the book. It's not necessarily a book that one reads from start to finish, although it is set out as a chronology.
There are some excellent sections relating to the particular processes that shaped the landscape that we know today, and these link back to the work of earlier people I've read such as W.G Hoskins and Jacquetta Hawkes, and more recent authors like Robert MacFarlane. My shelves are full of such books, and the GeoLibrary blog has hundreds of them listed and described.


There is an excellent StoryMap to accompany the book which I've mentioned previously...

Comments